KLO Super-Mart and its predecessors have been serving the community for more than 100 years. The area’s first store, simply named the East Kelowna Store, was built in 1909. It was located on a site along East Kelowna Road where the Montessori School stands today. Like KLO Super-Mart, the original store was also home to the local post office.
Sadly, the East Kelowna Store was destroyed in a fire. Filling the void, J.N. Pringle built the KLO Grocery Store in 1926. That store moved to the current location of KLO Super-Mart to make way for construction of the East Kelowna Community Centre, which opened in 1940.
The current store was built in 1976 and was renamed KLO Super-Mart in 1992.